We have an excellent opportunity for a Recruitment Officer to join our team in Burwood.
This role will be responsible for:
- Developing recruitment plans and reporting on progression and outcomes
- Establishing and managing relationships with our existing and new employer network, ensuring you have an understanding of their business needs, job requirements, culture and future needs.
- Manage networks with a variety of external organisations such as schools and careers advisors, Job Active providers, TAFE / RTO contacts and Australian Apprenticeship Support Network. Keep a database on all contact and make available for use within 1300apprentice.
- Present the benefits of an apprenticeship to school students, represent 1300apprentice at careers expo’s and other opportunities as they arise.
- Attracting suitable candidates for vacancies across a number of vocations
- Working with special projects and programs as they arise
You will be responsible for the recruitment process as follows:
- Attract applicants by placing informative job advertisements on internet job sites, our webpage and email vacancy alerts to our network
- Reviewing all applications received and determine if eligible for employment into an Australian apprenticeship. Be able to analyse responses from applicants and use your experience and judgement to select suitable candidates.
- Pre-screening of applicants, arranging formal face-to-face interviews in our offices and liaise and match applicants with Host employers for final interviews.
- The accurate and thorough reference and background checks prior to any offer of employment
- Keeping up-to-date database of all applicants information, maintain latest information on our website, Facebook postings and other relevant information.
You will possess excellent written and verbal skills and present a professional image at all times. It is expected that you will have experience in recruitment, specifically with trade roles or have been working with entrant level workers in a HR role. It is essential that you are supportive of diversity and can work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds. Your communication skills both internally and with external stakeholders is paramount to your success. It will help if you have an understanding of the Modern Awards and TAFE/RTO system, but this is not essential.
This role is an integral part of the 1300apprentice team. It is crucial that you are able to work both autonomously and work within a close-knit team. It is also important that you are results driven and can show examples of how you have achieved results in your previous job roles. Employment will only be offered to applicants when they have approval for Working with Children Check.
If you believe you have the skills, passion and qualities required for this role, please forward your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com.