Vestas is currently seeking an experienced Project Assistant to join our Construction Team in Australia, to support Project Managers deliver specified Wind Farm projects on time and budget, through accurate and timely reporting and project administration. This role will report to the Project Manager.
- Contribute responsibly and adhere to relevant laws, regulations and corporate obligations in terms of safety, health and environment
- Work within a project team environment
- Prepare payment claims and raise each claim according to the reported cashflow and in accordance with the contract requirements
- Forecast cash inflows and outflows on a weekly basis with input from the Project Manager
- Monitor project budget to ensure all expenditures are within the allowance.
- Forecast POC (conservatively) using the budget model with input from Project Manager and monitor monthly. Raise uncertainties as soon as foreseen
- Collaborate future expenditure predictions from various sources
- Maintain builder and billing plan and ensure accuracy
- Create Purchase Orders for large items
- Responsible for project reporting and analytics
- Manage all the administrative aspects of the project
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration/Commerce/Accounting or other related fields
- Project Management Certification
- Commitment and adherence to safety and environmental requirements
- Good understanding of project management principles
- Financial controlling and administration experience in complex project environment
- Flexibility in operation and ability to work in a team and as an independent contributor
- Self-managed, with good communication skills and strong work ethics
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Word, Access and Excel
- Customer relationship skills and strong time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to project timelines
What we offer:
- A workplace that focuses on safety.
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Global career progression prospects.
Please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org