North Ballarat Sports Club provides Bar, Bistro & Gaming experiences to club members & the general public. The club is transforming to improve customer experiences & financial performance. This includes updating systems, policies, & reducing business risk.
The Club provides financial and administration support to The North Ballarat Football Club and The North Ballarat Junior Football Club. These clubs have trained many players to reach A.F.L. status. There is a friendly culture and the finance team is relatively new with a supportive environment.
The Assistant Accountant/Senior Book-keeper role has been created to support the book-keeping and financial accounting operations of the three clubs.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for 3 club entities. These include: superannuation, payroll, PAYGW, GST, intercompany, fixed assets and loan accounts. Review reconciliations with the finance manager and post Journals
- Raising sales invoices and posting purchase invoices
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Supervise and support trade creditor and debtor reconciliations (done by the trainee book-keeper) and answer trainee book-keeper queries
- Share in the supervision of payroll and supplier pays.
- Support and provide training to the trainee book-keeper and cover leave
- Cover some finance manager tasks when on leave
- Suggest and implement system improvements
- Other tasks as necessary for the finance department and organisation
Skills and experience
- A finance qualification is required. This could be a book-keeping qualification, a degree in finance, part or fully qualified accountancy qualification
- 2 or more years of experience in a similar role
- Experience of working in practice or industry in financial accounting/book-keeping roles
- Good understanding of double entry book-keeping debits & credits
- Intermediate level MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience on small business accounting & payroll systems
- Experience working with Xero and/or timetarget would be highly regarded
- Good understanding of how balance sheet and P & L accounts relate to each other.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
- Problem solving and investigating differences and abnormalities
- Willing to learn new skills and tasks
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Complete tasks on time and accurately
- Understand Xero and Timetarget
- Improve financial systems with support from Finance Manager
- Increase the productivity and skills of the Trainee Book-keeper
- Deal with clients, suppliers and other employees professionally at all times. Ensure office is clean and presentable at all times
Job benefits and perks
- Supportive & Friendly Finance and Management Team
- A chance to make a difference and tackle new challenges
- Flexible part time hours
- Pay rate according to attitude, skills and experience
- Free parking by the office
- Staff benefits