Russell Corporation is a market leading supplier of hard goods and sports apparel, servicing the sports retail sector in Australia and New Zealand, encompassing the brands Russell Athletic (Apparel) Spalding (Basketballs and basketball systems) and Sherrin (Australian Rules Footballs).
For this position, previous retail experience with exposure to clerical tasks is a must. The ideal candidate will be reliable and responsible, be used to working with a small team in a store environment, can open and close the store when required, and will have a proven desire to drive sales. The candidate will be reliable and punctual as well as extremely customer focussed.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Retail Assistant will play an integral role within the retail department by supporting the implementation of regular promotions and pop-up sales for all three brands – visual merchandising and up-selling skills will be highly regarded. This role is part-time, working 15.5 hours per week across Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Russell Corporation is a company that supports Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on age, sex, parental status, disability, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics considered to be irrelevant for the role.
You are the ideal candidate if you:
- Are familiar with our brands
- Have a strong and recent retail industry background – preferably with sports apparel and equipment
- Have a good understanding of Point of Sale systems
- Have a drive for results
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Possess great communication skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of visual merchandising
- Have a highly developed attention to detail
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have experience working with internal stakeholders
- Have an autonomous nature
- Possess a passionate and consultative selling style
- Have a genuine love of sport in general!
Skills and experience
To be considered you must:
- Have the right to work in Australia
- Have availability for a regular weekend shift
- Have a reliable means of transport
Take the Leap!
This is an outstanding opportunity to combine your love of retail sales and sports, and to show off your visual merchandising skills!
If this sounds like an excellent opening for you, please forward your resume to email@example.com.