An opportunity has become available to work in a Canberra owned Steel Supply Company. The main Fyshwick Branch office is looking to fill the position of Machine Operator. The successful applicant will be required to assist with the following day to day operations.
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging and machine operation duties
- Set up machinery and ensure all materials are readily available,
- Effectively monitor production equipment,
- Assist the shop technicians and materials clerk as necessary,
- Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management,
- Maintain a safe and clean work space,
- Follow established machine safety rules and regulations.
Skills & Experience
- Have prior experience in the building and construction industry
- Strong knowledge of machines in a manufacturing setting
- Be highly organised and efficient
- Sound Computer skills
- Shows attention to detail
- Have a high work ethic
- Be diligent & reliable
- Have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to think on the run
- The ability to learn new skills quickly
- Ability to, organise, prioritise and successfully complete daily tasks
- Be self-motivated
- Comply with personal protective equipment requirements and other safe working practices
- Ability to work in a team environment and be receptive to change
Benefits & Culture
- Job security
- Positive work-life balance
- Immediate Start
- Fyshwick, Canberra
- Busy working environment
We offer a competitive salary and a good team environment.
The successful applicants will also be required to pass a full pre-employment medical before commencing employment.
If you feel that you have the above attributes and would like an exciting and challenging position please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and register your interest.
Only those being considered for interview will be contacted directly.