Fancy a Tropical Sea Change? Tropical North Queensland Tourism Award Winner – Fitzroy Island Resort is located just a 45 minute ride by Fast Cat from Cairns. The property boasts 106 Luxury Resort Accommodation, Camp grounds, 3 food and beverage outlets, Conference and meeting facilities, Retail shop, Turtle rehabilitation centre and an array of Island activities. Located on the Great Barrier Reef, the Island is close to Cairns and a favourite to both visitors to the region and locals alike for its spectacular walking trails, abundant marine life, and local wildlife.
You will assist the Food & Beverage Manager leading and training the team in all areas of food & beverage operations and provide the highest level of customer service. You will also be tasked with driving and delivering exceptional guest satisfaction results and overseeing daily operations and assisting in the management of wage costs, revenue and profitability of the various F&B outlets. You will have the support of the Food and Beverage Manager to assist in your success.
The position requires the following:
- Minimum of 5 years in Management role within the Food & Beverage Department
- A sound knowledge of all financials aspect of the business.
- Experience in the successfully building a great team culture.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Possess outstanding communication skills and exemplary customer service.
- Liaising with relevant departments with regards to food & beverage distribution e.g. Kitchen. Attending to operational problems and needs promptly, including customer complaints, enquiries and requests.
- Be knowledgeable of and operate within appropriate outlet and hotel liquor licensing guidelines and house management policies.
- Maintain currency of RSA certification, amendments and updates and adhere to RSA principles
- Experience across multiple areas will be highly regarded. You will be expected to work in all areas of the business.
Last, but certainly not least, you should be a great person to work with, who is reliable, level headed and organised.
This is very hands on position that will offer further development within a well-established, ever growing and successful Island Resort.
Only successful applicants will be contacted, all resumes to: