Sheldon College is excited to offer an opportunity for an Apprentice Chef to join our busy catering team on a full time basis.
Working in our modern Food Court “Cafe 97”, Coffee Shop, Kiosk outlet and a large scale Events and Function Centre, we serve high quality cafe meals for our students and staff alike with a daily changing menu. Our catering team takes great pride in the quality of food that is produced in-house.
As an Apprentice, you will be exposed to bistro-style food, large scale function and also bulk food preparation and production. Our Kitchen team consists of highly experienced Hospitality Industry Chefs.
We we expect:
- Positive attitude, behaviour and personality
- Genuine interest and passion for the Food industry
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Willingness to learn and commit
- Own transport would be advantageous
- Excellent grooming standards and personal hygiene
In return you will be rewarded by:
- Learning a variety of food styles and kitchen skills
- Being exposed to ‘in-house’ food production
- Being part of a friendly and professional team
Applications close at close of business on Monday, 8 January 2018.
Successful applicants will be interviewed on Friday 12 January 2018.