Affiliated with the Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC), Estrada College is a leading national training provider in the vocational education sector providing quality educational services to students studying Diplomas in business, marketing, HR, project management, counselling, life coaching, youth work and case management.
About the role:
Reporting to the Sydney Branch Manager and based at the College’s campus in Parramatta, this full-time position plays an instrumental role in motivating and engaging students to commence and continue their course of study. Normal hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm. The position commences at General Classification 4.1 under the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the Student Support Officer include:
- Taking, responding to and following up course enquiries as a priority;
- Discussing course and study requirements via phone, email or in person with course enquirers with the view to enrolling them;
- Processing student enrolments and issuing associated paperwork and communications;
- Proactively communicating with enrolled students to establish a positive connection via phone, email, text and in-person;
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with students;
- Developing and implementing regular contacts with students including proactively contacting students to encourage progress;
- Following up and liaising with students in relation to their study and progress needs, and updating records and issuing paperwork to reflect this;
- Responding to student queries within in a timely, and professional manner and updating student records accordingly;
- Providing technical and administrative support as needed to students in the use of the student portal;
- Coordinating and delivering student networking events and meetings including prospective student’s events;
- Liaising with students and resolving matters of concern or complaints with students;
- Achieving student progress and course completion rates;
- Assisting Branch Manager with compilation of statistics and reporting.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- At least a Diploma qualification in Business or sufficient experience equivalent to a Diploma qualification;
- At least 2 years’ experience in student support, customer service or similar roles (preferably in an RTO);
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail in administrative environments.
If this sounds like you and you satisfy all essential criteria we would welcome your application. Please ensure to send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.